Saturday 23 October 2010

Taylor Momsen, what happened?

It seems these days that everyone is trying to get older. You see kids smoking and drinking from thirteen years old and dressing waaaaaay older than they should. Its scary. I mean, take Taylor Momsen for example. She was great as Jenny on Gossip Girl and I think her band the Pretty Reckless is awesome, but look at her. In the past year her image has gone from cute girl next door to someone who wears barely any clothes. It's not that I have anything against Taylor or the whole grunge look, believe me I love it. But is saying things such as "My best friend is my vibrator" such a great idea? Hmm, I don't think so.


She also said on her twitter page "I'm not trying to be a role model" and if your kids follow her then she "doesn't care". As I said before, I like her, but really? I like some of her grunge looks, but theres a difference between grungeand strippers. I'm laughing as I write this because I realise I prbably sound like a old-fashioned grandma right now, but I'm not! I swear. Me and my friends (your typical London teenagers) were talking about Taylor, and the majority preferred the old Taylor. So I think maybe lose the suspenders in the next picture, darling...


We used to see her out and about with a smile on her face, now her trademark panda eyes and "i don't care" grimace are all we see. She recently flashed the audience at one of her shows in New York. Come on...



I'm interested in what you people think, let me know :)

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree. She has turned into a complete slut and I think the panda eyes are ugly BTW. If this is a career stunt, then I don't think it's working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor is trash. That may be harsh but hell, it's true. Since when was channeling Courtney Love EVER a good idea? Courtney may not exactly have been the classiest of ladies but at least she was the real deal rather than a fame-hungry stage school brat. X

    ella-lapetiteanglaise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a point in what you're saying, she really is looking a lot older, and I didn't find the whole flashing-her-breasts-on-a-concert thing right, but you gotta give her credit for getting all the attention she wanted! However, I like her more now than I did before, when she was trying to pull off the whole Im-a-good-girl-Jenny look. I like the badass attitude on lots of people, that's just me though! The fact that she's only 17 and she does all these things, THAT'S the un-cool part. She's not Chery Currie!

    xx
    http://theonewiththefashion.blogspot.com/

    PS: Im following you. Check out my blog if you wanna follow me back!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you love, hate and have to say :)